A significant number of workplace accidents are reportedly caused by inappropriate behaviour. All employers need to promote safe behaviour in the workplace to reduce accidents and incidents, and to have a positive safety culture in place for employees and employers alike.
What motivates your employees to behave safely?
Some employers insist on using the “stick” approach – “you must comply with the rules because it is the law and if you don’t you may be subject to disciplinary action”. Others prefer the “carrot” approach – “if you report unsafe acts or situations you will be in a draw to win €50” …. But what really motivates us to act safely at all times (not just when someone is watching?)
Is a possible reward or the threat of disciplinary action really going to motivate you not to take a chance today?
LCE are working with the leading professionals in human motivation and applying this thinking to workplaces.
LCE are using leading-edge world-class safety tools and thinking to help employers, including:
- Developing safety as a real “Value” (not just on the posters!)
- Engaging with the psychological contract (not just an employment contract)
- Establishing shared expectations – acknowledging the “Brain Worker”
- Developing good leaders through coaching for human performance
- Positively seeking success –V- failure avoidance
- Identifying and addressing LIFE potentials (Life changing Injuries and Fatal Events)
- Focusing on the “truths” about safety
Who needs behavioural safety?
All employers should promote safe behaviour in the workplace to reduce accidents, incidents and to promote a healthy safety culture regardless of their industry.