The objective of this course is to equip delegates with knowledge and skills required to perform audits of ISO Management Systems; The course focuses on
- ISO9001:2015 Quality Management
- ISO14001:2015 Environmental Management and
- OHSAS18001:2007 Health and Safety Management
Delegates will be able to perform audits against these standards, national and international specifications, statutory requirements and regulations using the principles of ISO 19011.
Duration: 5 days
- Understanding the principles of ISO Management Systems
- Understanding the requirements of the ISO Management Systems
- Understanding auditing of an IMS
- Process based auditing techniques
- Required compliance within internal auditing
- Evidence gathering techniques
- Report creation
- Delegates will need to demonstrate acceptable performance in all of these areas in order to complete the course successfully
This course is not intended to be an implementer’s course, nor one that will create an expert in legislation, nor one that will train to an acceptable standard a student with no prior knowledge of the Standard or ISO Management Systems. It is recommended that students have a base knowledge of ISO Management System standards, and we would not expect students with no prior knowledge of at least one Management System standard to successfully complete this course.
Delegates will be graded on the basis of:
- A continuous assessment of their performance against the course and exercise learning objectives
- Their marks obtained in the written Test of Understanding
- To successfully complete the course candidates are expected to achieve at last 75%
- Course participation – makes up 25% of the pass mark of the IMS Lead Auditor Course
- Written Test of Understanding
- Multiple Choice – 25%
- Detailed Answers – 50%
- Pass mark
- Candidates are expected to achieve a 75% attainment mark
- Test of Understanding will be marked by the trainers
- Results and certificates will be emailed to your registered email address
Throughout the duration of the course, the performance of delegates will be evaluated during sessions, role-plays and workshops. Delegates must demonstrate acceptable performance in learning objectives to successfully complete the course.
In the event that a delegate is either not understanding the subject or not participating adequately, he or she shall be made aware of the shortfall in performance and, if appropriate, be provided with additional coaching outside the formal course hours.
Timekeeping during the course is taken into account during the continuous assessment of delegates. Poor timekeeping may result in failure to meet course requirements. No exception will be given to extending break times for external business activities.
In addition, delegates are required to be in attendance for the full duration of the course. Failure to do so will be reflected in the delegate’s continuous assessment and final grade.
The Test of Understanding comprises a 2-hour paper. Candidates are allowed access to their notes and the standards booklet.
Test of Understanding
Candidates who fail the Test of Understanding will be allowed one re-sit to be taken at an agreed time with a different examination paper or verbal exam with the tutor. Re-sits are only permitted provided that the delegate has passed the continuous assessment. Candidates who fail the re-sit must re-take the entire course if they wish to successfully complete the course.
Attendance will enable delegates to:
- Interpret Management Standards
- Integrate Management Standards
- Undertake Value Added Audits
- Develop Supply Chain Management
Delegates who pass both the Test of Understanding and continuous assessment will be issued with a “Certificate of Successful Completion.”
Delegates who do not pass the written Test of Understanding but satisfy the continuous assessment and have been in attendance for the full duration of the course will be issued with a “Certificate of Attendance.”
For further information, call us on 051 364344 or email info@LCE.ie